Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:14:44 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Mark Murray <markm@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding standalone RSA code

--7qSK/uQB79J36Y4o

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 05:55:05PM +0000, Mark Murray wrote:
> Colin Percival writes:
> >  > Is size really a concern?
> >=20
> > No.  The size is a side-effect of having a minimal, highly secure,
> > library, and was not a design consideration.
>=20
> "New" very often means "Insecure". I'd rather see something with lots=20
> of eyes over it, and OpenSSL has the advantage of having quite a few=20
> competent crypto guys grovel through it.
>=20
> I'm still inclined to say "Please stick with OpenSSL; it is the devil=20
> we know."

And then, of course, there's the problem that OpenSSL doesn't work
RIGHT NOW in some situations; see my two e-mails to -hackers and
others (including you ;) at

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-hackers/2004-September/00808=
9.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-hackers/2004-September/00809=
0.html

Yep, "the devil we know", indeed :)

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
=2Esiht ekil ti gnidaer eb d'uoy ,werbeH ni erew ecnetnes siht fI

--7qSK/uQB79J36Y4o

--7qSK/uQB79J36Y4o--