Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:30:56 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Steffen Grunewald <steffen@gfz-potsdam.de>
To:        doko@cs.tu-berlin.de (Matthias Klose)
Cc:        AIC7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Made boot images for Debian/GNU 2.0 Linux

Matthias Klose wrote:

|> Btw, the whole day I only got PARITY erros from the SCSI
|> controller. Finally (for another reason) I changed the monitor (!) and
|> the PARITY errors disappeared. PC hardware ... or driver problems?

radio emissions from them monitor and bad SCSI cables ?
did you try to reduce the transmit rate of your drives ?
could be a serious flaw, so check it out before it's too late.
(we lost 3*9GB lkast week because of bad SCSI cables :-((( )
--
Steffen Grunewald = steffen(at)gfz-potsdam.de = fax +49-331-288-1266
My opinions are mine. You can rent them. Just ask me for prices  :-)