Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 22:44:46 -0500
From:      "Aaron Brosseau" <vaio_net@yahoo.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Eric_Hedstr=F6m?= <erich@ucsd.edu>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Two Identical Nics - No Solution In Sight

Thank You!

I finally got my two Linksys cards to work in harmony with FreeBSD.  To get
them to work, I still had to modify the lines you suggested, but without
your idea, I would probably still be pulling my hair out right now.  I also
appreciate the reference to groups.google.com.  I didn't realize that site
existed and now it gives me another resource to go to when problems arise.

Here is my final configuration that allows two identical Linksys cards to be
recognized and used by FreeBSD:

pccard.conf -
config auto "ed0" 3
config auto "ed1" 10
(these lines were added under the section for my NIC card - I also removed
the sections for other ed devices I know I wasn't going to use)

kernel -
device ed
(I commented out the original line that read:  device ed0 at isa? port 0x280
irq 3 iomem 0xd8000)

rc.conf -
ifconfig_ed0="inet 192.168.0.13 netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_ed1="inet 192.168.0.14 netmask 255.255.255.0"
(I'm sure these are optional, but I wanted them in there anyway)

Hopefully my configuration may help others that encounter the same issues I
had to deal with.  Thanks again.

Aaron