Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:00:02 -0500
From:      Gabriel Selmi <gabe406@connix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot Loop

Hello,

Can anyone please review my problem.
I cannot find any help on this so I was hoping someone might help.
During install on new system and during the probing process
I recieve:
Panic:ahcintr:AWAITING_MSG for an SCB that does not have a
waiting message.
Auto reboot....

I have tried setting the int's but I am really lost as what to do.
Could you please help me or direct me to someone to help my
problem.

using FreeBSD ver 2.1

I also have tried removing 2920 from system with same results.

SYSTEM:
AMD 486 120 cpu
16 MB ram
IDE 1.6 H.D. Maxtor
Plextor 6x SCSI internal CD-ROM connected to
AHA 2940 Host Adapter PCI INT 11
Micronet SCSI external 2-4 Gig DAT drive connected to
AHA 2920 Host Adapter PCI INT 12
Monochrome Mon.
Addtron PCI NE2000 compatible NIC

Config.sys

DEVICE=C:\SCSI\ASPI8DOS.SYS /D
DEVICE=C:\DOS\HIMEM.SYS
DOS=HIGH
FILES=50
BUFFERS=50,0
SHELL=C:\DOS\COMMAND.COM C:\DOS\  /p
LASTDRIVE=Z
rem  *** Added 10/29/97 by Plextor Installation
DEVICE=C:\PLEXTOR\PLEXTOR.SYS /D:PLEX0001

Autoexec.bat

C:\DOS\MSCDEX.EXE /D:PLEX0001 /M:10
C:\DOS\SMARTDRV.EXE /X
C:\DOS\DOSKEY