Date:      Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:34:36 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please test your commits

On 02/12/2012 01:39 PM, Steve Kargl wrote:
> Is there any reguirement that a ports committer needs
> to test their intended commit prior to pulling the
> trigger?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/print/ghostscript9/Makefile

You should report which version of FreeBSD you are using.  It might have
tested OK for the committer, but not for you.

By the way, I didn't get the error you reported in your first message,
but I did get the error reported in your later message.  I am using
FreeBSD 8.2 STABLE on the amd64.

 > You seem to have the faulty belief that this is the first occurrence
 > of this type of issue?

The same committer?  Or someone else.  If it is a repeat offense, I can
see why you would want to blow off some steam.

However as a committer myself, I do like it when someone politely points
out my error, and gives me a chance to correct myself.  For example, I
recently had a very pleasant exchange with someone who helped me fix my
math/sage port for FreeBSD 9.

Stephen