Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 15:12:10 -0400
From:      "Stephen C. Comoletti" <stevec@delanet.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems with perl script dying before completion

	I'm having a problem with a customers perl script dying before completion.
The script searches a text based list of data based on criteria from users of
the site and outputs it to them. Output ranges from 5 to 1k lines of text. It
works fine on the smaller queries, and dies mid way through on the ones with a
larger output.

	Web server is a p2/300 with 192mb ram, uw-scsi2, and FreeBSD 3.0r. Zeus is
the web server software. I have contacted Zeus who had little to offer in
this. The problem appears to only affect dialup connections to this site. Over
the lan at work it does not occur. Web logs show no error, only a code 200 for
a successful completion. Reloading the page will cause it to finish the run on
the same query completely. I'm somewhat at a loss on this one. The script runs
in under 20-30 seconds. Only changes to the server since this began were the
additions of 3 domains (largest of which pulls in 200k hits daily). The
machine still runs 90% idle (except when alot of cgi is running).

	Any pointers on where to look to fix it or even find more information on this
problem would be greatly appreciated.

--
Stephen C. Comoletti
Systems Administrator