Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 08:31:48 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Dr J.A.C. Stenton" <jacs@hermes.cam.ac.uk>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:    Re:[SOLVED] 4.4-Stable Hangs while booting GENERIC Kernel.... USB problem

I have for years had the IRQ disabled on the USB port cos I don't use
it and wanted to free one up. The new probe must expect that the USB port is
fully functioning. The 4.3 probe gives

 17 20:39:20 hawk /stable: uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB
controller> port 0xd400-0xd41f at device 4.2 on pci0
Sep 17 20:39:20 hawk /stable: uhci0: Invalid irq 255
Sep 17 20:39:20 hawk /stable: uhci0: Please switch on USB support and
switch PNP-OS to 'No' in BIOS
Sep 17 20:39:20 hawk /stable: device_probe_and_attach: uhci0 attach
returned 6

However, I don't think the 4.4 probe checks for a valid IRQ.

Chris