Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:42:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Pat Lynch <lynch@bsdunix.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   USENIX dinner.

can people send me email (privately) if they plan on attending an
after-hours freebsd dinner.

also, if people can help me plan possible times:

7-9 on Tuesday is out for me.

Wednesday is all BSD

Thursday at 8 is Linux...

do we go out instead of hearing what Linus has to say?

enclosed is my latest copy of the BOF schedule:

        PRE-SCHEDULED BIRDS-OF-A-FEATHER SESSIONS
             SAN DIEGO 2000 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
                   as of June 6, 2000

TUESDAY, JUNE 20, 2000
======================
6:00pm - 7:00pm
        An Update on Standards
          Nick Stoughton, USENIX Standards Liaison

6:00pm - 8:00pm
        Active Content:  UNIX based protection for a
        Windows Virus World
          David Perry, Trend Micro

        CERT/CC Incident and Vulnerability Update
          Cory Cohen, CERT/CC

7:00pm - 8:00pm
        Sendmail Meets Perl
          Gurusamy Sarathy, ActiveState; Jeff Radice, Sendmail

7:00pm - 9:00pm
        Workplace Issues for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered
        Sysadmins & Friends
          Chris Josephes, Onvoy

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 21, 2000
========================

 7:00pm - 8:00pm
        Automated Backup Integration:  Solutions & Ideas
          Dave Hiechel, Eagle Software

        NetBSD
          Charles Hannum,

        SAGE BOF
          Peg Schafer, SAGE Executive Committee

        The GNU BOF
          Bradley Kuhn, The Free Software Foundation

 7:00pm - 9:00pm
        NAS & SAN:  Will the Twain Meet
          Uresh Vahalia, EMC

        AFS, Kerberos, and Distributed Infrastructures
          Stephen Wynne, CMU; Garry Zacheiss, MIT

 8:00pm - 9:00pm
        To GUI or not to GUI: Issues in Firewall Configuration Tools
          Avishai Wool, Lucent Technologies

        Gorilla Warfare - Operations Guide to Successful
        Internet Deployment
          Suzanne George, AOL

        Multithreading:  Issues in Concurrency
          Bil Lewis, Lambda Computer Science

        Open BSD
          Theo de Raadt, OpenBSD Project

 9:00pm - 10:00pm
        Plan 9/Brazil/Inferno
          Scott Schwartz, Penn State

        FreeBSD
          Jordan Hubbard, BSDI

10:00pm - 11:00pm
        Berkeley Softare Design, Inc.
          Paul Borman, BSDI

THURSDAY, JUNE 22, 2000
8:00pm
        Linux
          Linus Torvalds, Transmeta

__

Pat Lynch						lynch@rush.net
							lynch@bsdunix.net
							lynch@unix.sh
							lynch@blowfi.sh
Systems Administrator					Rush Networking