Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 1999 02:21:11 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   python won't build package without Tk

One of the options to the lang/python port is to build without Tk,
which is specified by means of the WITH_TK variable.  However, if
python is built without Tk, the package creation is unsuccessful,
as it looks for files that are only in the list when Tk support is
compiled in.  Here's the make error, but there may be others
following this that it hasn't gotten to yet.  I don't know enough
about the ports/packages structure to fix this myself.

======

foobox root /usr/ports/lang/python $make package WITH_TK=0
===>  Building package for python-1.5.2
Creating package /usr/ports/lang/python/python-1.5.2.tgz
Registering depends:.
Creating gzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/lang/python/python-1.5.2.tgz'
tar: can't add file lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/_tkinter.so : No such file or directory
pkg_create: tar command failed with code 256
*** Error code 1

Stop.
======

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                       "How do I read this file?"
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com                "You uudecode it."