Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:37:18 -0500
From:      "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP, RFC, and all that jazz: New GNOMENG updates

Yes, it works as you expected. ;-) Here's what I had done the test
following:

Edit net/gaim/Makefile:
==========================
#.if ${HAVE_GNOME:Mlibpanel}!= "" && !exists(${GNOME_PANEL2})
USE_GNOME+=	libpanel
RUN_DEPENDS=	ispell:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/ispell
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--enable-panel
PKGNAMESUFFIX=	-gnome
PLIST_SUB+=	PANEL:="" NOPANEL:="@comment "
#.else
#CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--disable-gnome
#PLIST_SUB+=	PANEL:="@comment " NOPANEL:=""
#.endif
==========================

Then, play with the values of WITH_GNOME_DESKTOP in the /etc/make.conf. The
value 1 will install gaim right away, but not value 2 like this:

==========================
# make
===>  gaim-gnome-esound-0.59.8_1 is marked as broken: gaim wants to use the
GNOME 1 desktop, but you wish to use the GNOME 2 desktop.

BTW: Have you tried gnome-vim (VIM with gtk2), yet? I downloaded the patch
and compiled it. It looks so nice, check ->
http://www.mezzweb.com:81/images/gnome-vim.png .. It's pretty stable so far,
I use it for hours to code PHP/Perl/MySQL with the smooth fonts. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz