Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 1996 11:32:38 +1100 (EST)
From:      Carey Nairn <cp_nairn@cc.utas.edu.au>
To:        yura@um.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, yura@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: question

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, YURA Shunsuke wrote:

> I have some questions about FreeBSD. Please answer the following
> questions:
>
> I found that FreeBSD supports Adaptec AHA-2940W wide scsi controller
> in RELNOTES.TXT. Does FreeBSD also support Adaptec AHA-2940UW
> ultra-wide scsi controller?

I use an Adaptec AHA-2940UW on my system and have had no problems.  I
believe you will need at least 2.1.5 for this to work properly.

> Does FreeBSD support game cards as joystick device? (For example,
> ThrustMaster ACM GAME CARD, Gravis ELIMINATOR GAME CARD, CH PRODUCTS
> GAME CARD 3, SUMCOM GAME PORT2000, and so on.)
>
> Does FreeBSD support SoundBlaster AWE32?

Not sure about the game devices except for the joystick, there is a joy0
device you can compile into your kernel I think...

The SB card should work with the SB16 drivers.  Don't know about
functions specific to AWE32.

Cheers,
Carey

Carey Nairn                     ! email : Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Infrastructure Services         ! phone : (03) 6226 7419
Information Technology Services ! fax   : (03) 6226 7898
University of Tasmania.         ! int'l : (+61 3)