Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 10:29:31 +0800
From:      "Mars G. Miro" <marsgmiro@gmail.com>
To:        daichi@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patchset-9 release (Re: [unionfs][patch] improvements of the unionfs - Problem Report, kern/91010)

Daichi-san,

>I have updated the patchset-9 of unionfs.

We've been using an in-house LiveCD toolkit that uses unionfs  (where
cd9660 is the lower layer) and all I can say is that these patches are
very important, at least on =3D> 6.X, otherwise things would just not
work. I believe the FreeSBIE folks also went thru the same experience
as they also do this (cd9960 lower, unionfs upper).

I have tried your p8-patchset diffs for about 2 weeks now and It Works
(TM). Will try your p9 diffs soon ;-)

Will these diffs remain to be diffs or do people think that these will
be integrated into the sources sometime?

Thanks!

>Patchset-9:
>    For 7-current
>      http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/unionfs-p9.diff
>
>    For 6.x
>      http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/unionfs6-p9.diff
>
>    Changes in unionfs-p9.diff
>      - Now you can use unionfs with nullfs. To fix the problem,
>        We fixed the rock-treatment of src/sys/fs/nullfs/null_vnops.c
>
>The documents of those unionfs patches:
>
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/  (English)
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi/unionfs/index-ja.html  (Japanese)
>
>The patchset-9 is important step for merging to FreeBSD 7-current.
>You can use improved unionfs and nullfs together. This is a goot step
>for all of us.
>
>Thanks
>
>--
>   Daichi GOTO, http://people.freebsd.org/~daichi