Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:18:35 -0500
From:      Larry Granroth <larry-granroth@uiowa.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Third IDE controller possible?

Has anyone out there configured a "wdc2" and associated
devices?  If so, how did you do it?

I have a system with two IDE controllers currently, the
primary using IRQ 14 and IO range 0x1F0-0x1F7 and the
secondary using IRQ 15 and IO range 0x170-0x377.
I also have another IDE controller that can be configured
for IRQs 11 or 12, but (apparently) only the same IO
ranges as the existing controllers (i.e. a jumper labelled
"primary" or "secondary").

My guess is this third controller won't work.  Am I wrong?

(I'm using FreeBSD 2.2.7)

-Larry

larry-granroth@uiowa.edu