Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:50:02 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stefan.bethke@hanse.de>
To:        David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM releases ViaVoice SDK for Linux/i386

David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de> wrote:

>> http://www.software.ibm.com/is/voicetype/dev_linux.html
>>
>> The main components are binary, but the audio input library comes with
>> source, so it can be adapted.
>
> Is this the part that does the SND -> text conversion?

Yes.

However, as I currently understand it, ViaVoice needs a high-quality input
(there are specific recommendations for mikes), and probably would work
sub-optimal with 8 kHz / a-Law or =B5-Law.

Stefan

--
M=FChlendamm 12           |  Voice +49-40-256848, +49-177-3504009
D-22089 Hamburg         |  e-mail: stefan.bethke@hanse.de