Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 2004 11:39:45 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>
To:        Octavian Hornoiu <octavian@hacknslash.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to delay sendmail start?

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Octavian Hornoiu wrote:

> I would like to delay sendmail starting until AFTER my local daemons
> start.  Is there a way to do this or is it built into the base system.
> Could I set SENDMAIL=NO in rc.conf and then write a script in local to
> start the sendmail daemon?  The reason I have to do this is because I'm
> using a djbdns cache on the same machine that the machine uses to lookup
> dns records and since it's not running yet when sendmail starts,
> sendmail enters panic mode and does goofy stuff.

As far as I can see you can set

sendmail_enable="NONE"

in /etc/rc.conf and copy /etc/rc.sendmail to
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/zzz.sendmail (or whatever else is the last filename
when sorted alphabetically) and modify it a little bit since you have to
reset sendmail_enable in this script to start sendmail in the right way.

Best regards

Konrad Heuer (kheuer2@gwdg.de)  ____            ___  _______
Germany