Date:      Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:34:10 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        Chad C <chad@psys.us>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel panic while detecting cpu in FreeBSD 9

--ZP8/ogOupewGoTns

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:24:17AM -0400, Chad C wrote:
> Updated the mainboard UEFI to latest version but am still getting the=20
> same kernel page fault.
>=20
> I compiled "options DDB" and "options GDB" into the generic kernel. =20
> After rebooting and entering DDB I get the following from various command=
s:
>=20
> On bootup I am now getting the following:
>=20
> real memory =3D 8589934592 (8192 MB)
> avail memory =3D 8198332416 (7818 MB)
> Event timer "LAPIC" quality 600
> ACPI APIC Table: <ALASKA A M I>
> panic: AP #2 (PHY# 4) failed!
> cpuid =3D 0
> KDB: stack backtrace:
> db_trace_self_wrapper() at db_trace_self_wrapper+0x2a
> kdb_backtrace() at KDB_backtrace+0x37
> panic() at panic+0x187
> cpu_mp_start() at cpu_mp_start+0x589
> mp_start() at mp_start+0x85
> mi_startup() at mi_startup+0x77
> btext() at btext+0x2c
> KDB: enter: panic
> [ thread pid 0 tid 0 ]
> Stopped at    kdb_enter+0x3b: movq    $0,0x905dc2(%rip)
> db>

So your other core failed to start. You might try a lack posting exact
model/bios version of the machine and mainboard.

But indeed, this is most often BIOS bugs. Sometimes in the strange areas
like USB, e.g. SMI handler for emulating legacy PS/2 keyboard. As a shot
in the dark, try to fiddle with this setting.

--ZP8/ogOupewGoTns

--ZP8/ogOupewGoTns--