Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2017 09:02:36 +0200
From:      Torsten Zuehlsdorff <tz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: lang/php71-extensions - missing php71-mssql

On 15.05.2017 16:46, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Torsten Zuehlsdorff wrote on 2017/05/15 15:00:
>
>>> I search the internet and didn't found any problem reports for this.
>>>
>>> PHP manual still shows this
>>> http://php.net/manual/en/mssql.requirements.php
>>
>> If you read the manual this section is very important:
>> This extension is not available anymore on Windows with PHP 5.3 or later.
>
> Yes, I know that, but the important part is "Windows". I think it was
> due to some licence / patent issue. For Windows there is SQLSRV provided
> by Microsoft for a long time.

After some more investigation, i don't see a - lets say - practicable
way. The mssql module was completely removed from PHP code. There are
only some missed entries in the .gitignore and in an date parser.

Of course i can try to port the PHP 5.6 mssql code to PHP 7.0. But this
would be much work and i haven't a proper possibility to test or the
free time for it. But i will give this some thoughts.

Greetings,
Torsten