Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 09:53:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jan Koum <jkb@best.com>
To:        David Hawkins <dhawk@river.org>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to lock out a nonpaying user?

	Why don't you run "vipw" and put a * at the begegining of thier
password. For example, change this:
luser:$1$xtp9K$gPT1/ii2srm2mm4OXQDnt.:1006:1006::0:0:Luser:/home/luser:/bin/csh
to this:
luser:*$1$xtp9K$gPT1/ii2srm2mm4OXQDnt.:1006:1006::0:0:Luser:/home/luser:/bin/csh
     ^^^

	this will not allow them to login, but once they pay, you take the
start out and they can login back again with the same password.

-- Yan