Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 05:27:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael R. Rudel" <mrr@puma.dyn.ml.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCL ports

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this to Jordan or Satoshi, but on the
/stand/sysinstall program, it's rather annoying when packages calls for a
certain version of TCL (say 7.3) and you have 7.5 installed, and it
installs 7.3 over it.  It would be possible (and quite easy ;)) to change
the pkg_add/sysinstall program to check and see if you have a newer
version of TCL installed. Personally, I don't use the TCL port, I use
8.0a1, but it's still rather annoying. Latley I've just joined a few
FreeBSD mailing lists to see how I can help out with the little knowledge
of programming I have. :)

						mrr

- Michael R. Rudel
- mrr@puma.dyn.ml.org or mrr@forbidden-donut.anet-stl.com
- Wizard: DeltaMUSH: lsds.com 4208
-
- There is no pain, you are receding ...