Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:50:02 +0100
From:      Jason Thomson <jason.thomson@mintel.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Off Topic: Anyone else experiencing intermittent DNS problems?

Apologies for the off-topic post,  but we have been
experiencing intermittent DNS problems,  and I was wondering
if other people are also experiencing problems?

We have been seeing intermittent problems since late last
week.  Some queries would fail,  and then a short time later
succeed.  It may well be our service provider here,  but I'm
just wondering whether other people have seen transient
network errors.  (I know this shouldn't affect _only_ DNS,
but that appears to be the only symptoms we're seeing -
maybe because of traffic type / patterns and caching
behaviour).

It all seems to be working OK now though (so maybe I was
just dreaming).