Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 10:04:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      fredriks@mcs.com (Lars Fredriksen)
To:        phk@ref.tfs.com (Poul-Henning Kamp)
Cc:        fredriks@mcs.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Swapper going sour?

Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

> > Hi,
> > 	On two kernels build yesterday and today I get the following
> > mesage within a couple of minutes of startup. What gives?
> >
> > I/O to empty block????
> find this as see what it means.
 Oh, I will.

> > ahb_scsi_cmd0: more than 33 DMA segs
> ahb/drive becomes confused, possibly bad block.
 This to me seems to indicate to me that someone enqueued a bad buffer.

> > swap_pager: I/O error - async pageout failed; blkno 4294967295, size 67584512, error 5
> swap write fails.
 These numbers cannot be right. Bkno = -1 and a size of more than 6MB.
> > sd1: oops not queued
> ahb/scsi is confused
 No it just refused to queue the job since it was greater than 33 DMA segs.

> > biodone: buffer already done
> confuses the kernel
> > swap_pager_finish: I/O error, clean of page fbf000 failed
> the world ends...

No it does not. The machine works fine!

Hm, my request didn't result in the response I expected. It is
probably my fault for being to terse. I didn't send it out as
a request that someone hold my hand and walk the code with me, but
rather as a heads up in case there is  actually something wrong.

Lars
Lars Fredriksen		fredriks@mcs.com		(home)
			lars@fredriks.pr.mcs.net	(home-home)
			fredriks@asiago.cs.wisc.edu