Date:      Mon, 08 May 2006 02:34:33 +0200
From:      martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,  freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   X11 6.9 issue -- option "XkbOptions" and missing keyboard layout

hello list!

i've just upgraded X11 from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 and after starting up X11 it
displays a message saying that xkbcomp reports that it cannot find file
"pc/sk_qwerty". and therefore it reverts back to "default" or something.

this is very strange because i've been using the setting since X11 6.7.
it seems the file is missing in the latest X11. (?)

note that when it fails i can't, for instance, switch to console via
ctrl+alt+F?.

here is the setting in question from my xorg.conf:
	Option      "XkbLayout" "us,sk_qwerty"	# ++ 2005-03-13 mato

note that i'm running freebsd 6.1-rc, after just reinstalling all my
ports from scratch.

any thoughts or suggestions pls ??

cheers,

martin