Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 1995 15:47:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Marc Ramirez <mrami@mramirez.sy.yale.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Well...

After having accidentally blown away /home, I find that the ft driver
doesn't seem to work anymore.  This is on 2.1-STABLE vintage about two
weeks.  When doing

> root[/usr]# ft|restore tf -

It gives the dump info

> Dump   date: Sun Oct 1 12:52:00 1995
> Dumped from: the epoch
> Level 0 dump of /home on mramirez.sy.yale.edu:/dev/sd1a
> Label: none

and proceeds to list files.

After the first block (I think), it stops, I get console messages to the
effect

> fdc0: output ready timeout
> fdc0: input ready timeout
> fdc0: input ready timeout

and then ft dies and I get

>      21440      ./mail/jian
>      21774      ./jay
>      21775      ./jay/.bash_history
> Broken pipe
> root[/usr]#

Unfortunately, I can't give you much more information, because I blew
away /usr, too. :) When I get resurrected, I'll start debugging.

Marc.