Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 17:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Michael J. Pelletier" <mjpell@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Speak Freely port...

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Michael J. Pelletier wrote:
> This port is BROKEN!!!  The makefile breaks complaining that the
> checksum does not match.  When you make it with "make NO_CHECKSUM=yes"
> it breaks again complaining:

I'd suggest going to the master ftp site for the package,
listed in the Makefile, and downloading the original source.
Unpack the tar file, read the README and INSTALL files and
follow their instructions.

I've had very few problems compiling software from off the
Net with FreeBSD.

If you do run into a problem, just post the error messages
from make.  Someone will probably have the answer for you.

The big advantage of ports is that they register the installation
and can use dependencies.  The actual "port" is generally
a very small part of the work.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com