Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 15:27:18 -0500
From:      John Cappiello <john@apt202.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: building apache from /usr/ports

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

I think I see where he's going with this, and this is something I've been w=
ondering too.  If I'm wrong excuse me for jumping in the conversation.

How does one go about maintaining a build of apache with Mod_perl (for exam=
ple) compiled into the binary instead of installed as a module, through por=
ts?

Thanks,
John

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:06:29PM -0500, David W . Chapman Jr . wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:02:56PM -0700, Jason Watkins wrote:
> > is it possible to build apache with my selection of modules (php, pytho=
n and
> > ruby) from the ports? I'm getting sick of manually maintaining the sour=
ce
> > when the ports and cvsup could be doing it for me.
> >=20
> > jason
> >=20
> I'm not completely understanding what is your problem, you can=20
> install usr/ports/www/apache13 and then install=20
> usr/ports/www/mod_php4 and it works fine.
>=20
> --=20
> David W. Chapman Jr.
>=20