Date:      Mon, 03 Aug 1998 22:59:43 +0300
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@turkey.ispro.net.tr>
To:        "Henry; Michael Kenneth" <mhenry@white.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Processor

hello,
you have 586 class processor, well when cyrix says 6x86 it is one less...
it is like they had some CPU called 5x86 and it was for 486 boards...
well they are trying to mean that the CPU has power of 6x86 I guess...
also you may understand from the board design, PentiumPRO cpu's look
like rectangle, and pentium CPU's are like square...
so if you have a square cpu it is 5x86 : )