Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:51:27 +0300
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <jau789@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RPI2 hanging during boot

Has anyone else seen this happening after rebuilding the system
for an RPI2 from 11.x/head source during the last few days?
I think I noticed this on Friday, the 12th.

The boot simply freezes after having said...

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/mmcsd0s2a []...
warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system time will not be set
accurately

Then nothing happens, no more messages, no progress.
I am quite positive that at least the source code of the
previous weekend (June 5th-7th) still booted just fine on
my RPI2 when I had rebuilt the system.

For a long there were no problems at all during the boot, and
suddenly these odd hangs began a few days ago  when I rebuilt
the system from the latest source. Since then I have updated
my local source code from the svn repository a few times and
tried rebuilding again. The boot time freeze still remains,
though. The latest attempt was done using svn revision 284408.

I hope this rings some bells to somebody.

--jau