Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:45:07 +0200
From:      "Oldach, Helge" <Helge.Oldach@atosorigin.com>
To:        "'Sam Leffler'" <sam@errno.com>
Cc:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Subject:   RE: FAST_IPSEC bug fix

> From: Sam Leffler [mailto:sam@errno.com]
> On Apr 24, 2004, at 11:24 AM, Mike Tancsa wrote:

> >> The fix was not quite right for -current (where it needs to go in
> >> first).  I sent out the attached patch for testing but received no
> >> feedback.  Until I can get it tested and committed to -current it
> >> won't be MFC'd.
> >
> > We dont run -current here, so I dont have anything to test it on.
> > Also, due to the bugs in the driver with HiFn 7955, we have had to
> > abandon FAST_IPSEC :(
>
> Running FAST IPSEC w/o h/w crypto is still faster than KAME
> IPsec.  See the results in my BSDCon paper.

Yes, but still the net.key.preferred_oldsa issue hits, which is
what this thread is about. FAST_IPSEC is great, but unfortuantely useless
for me without this...

Sorry for beating this topic again. Unfortunately, like Mike, I don't have a
-current system around. Maybe someone with a -current box can test?

Helge