Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2016 18:45:14 +0200
From:      "Michael L. Wilson" <michael.wilson@peercorpstrust.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: recoll-1.21.5

Dear Ports Manager (recoll),

Recoll is a tremendously useful tool and I have used it extensively on FreeBSD without issue.

I have a few DragonflyBSD machines that need to run recoll as well. However, the default configuration (from FreeBSD ports) seems to not index PDF files which is the default behavior on FreeBSD. I have double checked and all of the necessary filters are installed including "rclpdf" which is the filter responsible for indexing PDFs:

hotrecoll.py		rcldia			rclimg			rclokulnote		rclshowinfo		rclxls
msodump.zip		rcldjvu			rclinfo			rclopxml		rclsiduxman		rclxml
ppt-dump.py		rcldoc			rclkar			rclpdf			rclsoff			rclzip
rcl7z			rcldvi			rclkwd			rclppt			rclsvg			xdg-open
rclabw			rclepub			rcllatinclass.py	rclps			rcltar			xls-dump.py
rclaptosidman		rclexecm.py		rcllatinstops.zip	rclpurple		rcltex			xlsxmltocsv.py
rclaudio		rclfb2			rcllyx			rclpython		rcltext
rclcheckneedretry.sh	rclgaim			rclman			rclrar			rcluncomp
rclchm			rclgnm			rclmpdf			rclrtf			rclwar
rclconfig.py		rclics			rclnull			rclscribus		rclwpd

However when recoll indexing is completed it says that rclpdf is not available. I have also checked to ensure that rclpdf is actually executable. The user that I am running recoll under is part of the wheel group as well.

-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  10064 Mar 13 05:50 rclpdf

Is there any other possible item that I am overlooking?

Here it is described the make configuration that is used under DragonflyBSD: https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DPorts/tree/master/deskutils/recoll

Any tips or a form of heads up would be extremely appreciated.

--
Michael L. Wilson
PeerCorps Trust Fund