Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:59:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Cc:        vince@mail.mcestate.com
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

[CC: hacked to save a few people extra copies]
> > 	Well, because I connect to the system using telnet ;)  Also, this
>
> That proves absolutely nothing.  You think I can't hack a telnetd to
> provide multiple "services?"  Wake up, Vinnie! :-)

33 mail message from ``Vinnie'' this morning in my mail box, SNR 1:33,
I'm not a happy camper :-(.

Vince, I understand you have a security problem, could you please go
purchase 3 good books on security (thier should be at least 1 or 2
mentioned in the FreeBSD handbook, if not could someone on the
list please provide Vince a list of ORA books on security).

I know this mailling list is for FreeBSD security related issues, but
the level of the questions and answerers being poised here is at the
fundemental level of unix system security and the answers can be found
in any good book.

Regards,
Accurate Automation, Inc.                   Reliable computers for FreeBSD