Date:      Wed, 4 May 2005 10:30:31 +0200
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Subject:   Re: MFC pxe fixes

El Mi=E9rcoles, 4 de Mayo de 2005 09:36, Danny Braniss escribi=F3:
> sorry if this looks like im highjacking hte thread, but i've
> submitted a PR http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D61239
> which among other things, places ALL the dhcp variables in the
> environment.
>
> danny

I can't see how this will be on FreeBSD-5.4 or -stable.

If you're interested on this, open a thread on current.

This is about making pxeboot compiled with LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT defined=20
works as documented.

Also, point that your workplan makes a second bootp transaction needed.

Try make the bootp/dhcp packet parser independent of bootp.c (At last,=20
exportable), so we can parse the 'bootplayer' binary packet pxe=20
allready have.

ALso, I'm not sure we can redefine CLASSID without breaking PXE (not=20
dhcp) compatibility.

Remember that the PXE bios has allready do the bootp/dhcp transaction=20
for us, and the correct path is only parse the 'bootplayer' (really a=20
bootp/dhcp packet in binary form) than we get from the bios.

=2D-
  josemi

=2D-
  josemi