Date:               Mon, 23 Jan 1995 08:53:06 GMT+0100
From:      "Guenter Marx" <Guenter.Marx@psychologie.wiso.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   BSD Installation 2.0

Dear Sir,

2 days ago I bought the latest BSD Version 2.0 on a CD from
DiskNet.
I have the following installation problem.
First it's an absolutely empty CONNER HD (540MB).
I boot up the system with the boot floppy.
I 'Fdisk' my HD with 266MB with Slice 1.
Up to now everything's okay.
On the screen I see a bootable BSD partition.

Then I choose 'Disklabel'.
I see a table on my screen with partitions a-h.
Partition c is the FreeBsd partition and d is the entire disk.
Then I choose ASSIGN and I'm asked which partition.
I really don't know what I have to enter at this point.
If I enter the letter c or d then it says INVALID PARTITION.
If I enter a number it says INVALID PARTITION.
If I enter the letter a,b or e-h it says INVALID PARTITION TYPE.
At the moment I really don't know how to get BSD on my HD.
Can Someone help me,please.

                                                       Best regards,

Guenter