Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 2016 15:18:43 +0000
From:      John <freebsd-lists@potato.growveg.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with powerd and cpufreq on AMD Quad-Core A8-4555M

Hello list,

I'm using 10.3-BETA3 #0 r296148 compiled today on on AMD Quad-Core
A8-4555M. I have the following in /etc/rc.d:

powerd_enable="YES"

I have cpufreq in the kernel config, unmodified GENERIC apart from adding a
line for amdtemp.

# CPU frequency control
device          cpufreq

Why is it that on boot I get the following warning:

powerd: no cpufreq(4) support -- aborting: No such file or directory

Does powerd not work with AMD ? Some debugging info:

root@onion:~ # sysctl -a | egrep -i 'hw.machine|hw.model|hw.ncpu'
hw.machine: amd64
hw.model: AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
hw.ncpu: 4
hw.machine_arch: amd64

root@onion:~ # sysctl debug.hwpstate_verbose="1"
debug.hwpstate_verbose: 0 -> 1
root@onion:~ # powerd -v
powerd: no cpufreq(4) support -- aborting: No such file or directory

thanks,
--
John