Date:      Wed, 21 Jun 2000 08:43:20 +1000
From:      Andrew Johns <johnsa@kpi.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   What gaul - BSDi making claims over FreeBSD

Hi,

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just saw this on the BSDi
website:

"... Its popular BSDi Internet Super Server, BSD/OS, and FreeBSD operating
systems serve as the standard platforms for many of the Internet's busiest
Web sites, including Yahoo, Microsoft Hotmail, and others."

It's a pity that the only sites mentioned (Yahoo and HotMail) BOTH use
FreeBSD and NOT BSDi!  The wording of that sentence seems to indicate that
BSDi's software is used as opposed to the Truth, which we all know :)

Don't get me wrong - I've nothing against BSDi at all - in fact I think
that it is the best thing that could have happened to FreeBSD, as finally
we might gain some (more) credibility and (hopefully) inherit some of those
drivers that are covered under NDA's. (Not to mention the Java 2 port that
they are building, which is where I discovered the quote above...)

Note that I don't subscribe to this list, so pls CC me if replying.

Regards
Andrew Johns BSc.     \  \==/  /
Principal Consultant   \      /
KPI Logistics Pty Ltd   \    /