Date:      Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:43:43 +0100
From:      Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk>
To:        "R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geom_mirror delayed synchronizing question

"R. B. Riddick" <arne_woerner@yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Christian Laursen <xi@borderworlds.dk> wrote:
>> No, -a and -n enables and disables autosynchronization. I want
>> autosynchronization but with a delay.
>>
> Then just issue "gmirror configure -a" by need (delayed; e. g. from
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/gmirror-chk.sh) and disable it again, when sync is done (or
> started? I would have to test that...)...

No, I would then need to disable autosync before the machine booted
and enable it again late it the boot process.

There are plenty of hacks that will do what I want but none of them
are elegant.

I didn't ask the question because I don't know how to hack around
things but because I want a clean solution to the problem.

--
Christian Laursen