Date:      Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:21:49 +0100
From:      Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Hiram Clawson <hiram@soe.ucsc.edu>, Jim Kent <jim_kent@pacbell.net>
Subject:   Re: need help from a C programmer

--Boundary-00=_OqfoDTdSBHS6NWj

On Thursday 15 December 2005 22:03, Fernan Aguero wrote:

> | +_MACHTYPE!=    uname -m
> | +MACHTYPE?=     ${_MACHTYPE}
> | +MAKE_ENV+=     MACHTYPE=${MACHTYPE}
> |
> |  post-patch:
> |         @${MKDIR} ${WRKSRC}/bin/${MACHTYPE}
>
> Mmm ... it worked fine for me in FreeBSD-4.11
>
> Anyway, it works also with your patch ;)

Probably cause you have MACHTYPE in your env. Anyway, this sets it if unset,
which means crossbuilds are theoretically supported ;-)

> | As for the error, there's some redefining going on in common.h, and
> | probably screwing up some macros in the end.
> | # cat files/patch-hg-pslPretty-pslPretty.c
> | --- hg/pslPretty/pslPretty.c.orig       Fri Mar 26 02:03:59 2004
> | +++ hg/pslPretty/pslPretty.c    Thu Dec 15 21:09:52 2005
> | @@ -686,7 +686,7 @@
> |         if (--dotMod <= 0)
> |            {
> |            printf(".");
> | -          fflush(stdout);
> | +          fflush(uglyOut);
> |            dotMod = dot;
> |            }
> |         }
>
> +----]
>
> I've tried this patch but it didn't fix the problem.
>
> Are you suggesting that other references to 'stdout' should
> be replaced by 'uglyOut'?

You sure it fails there, cause it actually fails right after currently,
because of a makefile problem in the next target (using $HOME ...).

Thanks to Nikola - there's left-over object files in the source distribution.
THe previous fix worked, simply because the .c file was changed and therefore
the object file had to be remade.

<indepth>
BSD's stdio.h defines stdout to __stdoutp, the object files in the
distribution apparently do not and so stdout becomes undefined.
</indepth>

As for the port, you can delete all the patches from files (accept
patch-lib-sqlum.c, didn't look at that) and use the attached Makefile, which
takes care of the build process.
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.ports@melvyn.homeunix.org

FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE
Qt: 3.3.5
KDE: 3.4.3

--Boundary-00=_OqfoDTdSBHS6NWj

# ex:ts=8
# New ports collection makefile for:	blat
# Date created:		08 Dec 2005
# Whom:	      		Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

PORTNAME=	blat
PORTVERSION=	33
CATEGORIES=	biology
MASTER_SITES=	http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~kent/src/
DISTNAME=	${PORTNAME}Src${PORTVERSION}

MAINTAINER=	fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar
COMMENT=	A

USE_ZIP=	yes
USE_GMAKE=	yes
USE_GCC=	3.4+
USE_REINPLACE=	yes
MAKEFILE=	makefile
WRKSRC=		${WRKDIR}/${PORTNAME}Src
_MACHTYPE!=	uname -m
MACHTYPE?=	${_MACHTYPE}
MAKE_ENV+=	MACHTYPE=${MACHTYPE} WRKSRC=${WRKSRC}

post-patch:
	@${MKDIR} ${WRKSRC}/bin/${MACHTYPE}
	@${MKDIR} ${WRKSRC}/lib/${MACHTYPE}
	@${FIND} ${WRKSRC} -name makefile -print | ${XARGS} ${REINPLACE_CMD} \