Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:15:48 -0500
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Zeeshan Ahmad <zeeshandoit@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation CD

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 12:41:50PM -0500, Zeeshan Ahmad wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to ask which iso image i have to download from this link:
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/6.2/
>
> that will install FreeBSD from CD ROM direclty because there are bootonly
> iso, disc1 and disc2 iso's as well. So which iso i have to download and then
> i only need to burn that iso on CD and i can start installation and no other
> extra thing i have to do. Any suggestion?

Depends on just what you need to do.
But, in general, burn disc-1.    You can install from that including some
of the more common ports or use that CD to install over the net.  DIsc-1 also
has the fixit shell.

You need disc-2 only if you want to install ports that are not on disc-1.
The boot-only disc will allow you to install only over the net.

////jerry