Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:37:48 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        Jamie Heckford <heckfordj@psi-domain.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Clustering FreeBSD

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 05:36:51PM +0000, Jamie Heckford scribbled:
| Does anyone have any details of Open Source, or software included
| with FreeBSD that allows the clustering of FreeBSD?
|
| I have 55 racks sitting here to play with, and want to start doing
| some serious work (for me anyway!) with fBSD

Beowulf runs perfectly on FreeBSD.  I've admined one such cluster.
The stuff is all in the ports.  And Beowulf is free, open source.
Try PVM and MPICH.   However, the real question here is:
What do you want to do?   Clustering does not really help a lot of things.
You really need programs written with parallel computing in mind.

www.beowulf.org