Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 1995 12:51:12 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        marino.ladavac@aut.alcatel.at
Cc:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly) (Sean Kelly), ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need a way-cool X-based mailer? Look at XFMail...

> > I didn't think libforms worked with 2.0.5 or higher.  Perhaps this is
> > a port that requires the 20compat libraries?
>
> AFAIK, these are different libforms.  Namely library for XForms.
> Alas(tm), these are available binary-only, and cannot be made into
> a port.

Sure they can, I'm working on it right now.  Netscape is a binary port
too.

The big problem here is the overloading of libforms and forms.h

I'd like to move the xforms library/include file to libxforms and xforms.h,
but I suspect that will break the machine generated code. (meaning you'll have
to edit the fdesign code to include <xforms.h. instead of <forms.h>, although
a pretty strong argument could be made for <X11/forms.h> too.

> XForms binaries require the April pre-2.0.5 SNAP, or later.
>
> /Alby

eric.

--
erich@lodgenet.com