Date:      Mon, 9 Oct 2000 13:35:57 -0400
From:      Funn Dipp <isetr0@sevicron.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm locked out

I have a offtopic question about this...

I've had to do this a couple times - messed up fstabs, rc.confs, etc.

However - if I try to use an editor like vi or even ee, it's just all garbage.  I can see bits and pieces of the file but it's not very pretty.  Luckily I'm good at editing with my eyes closed so I get it fixed, but I'm guessing that shouldn't be happening.  Any ideas?

isetr0