Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 16:17:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        swallace@ece.uci.edu, faulkner@devnull.mpd.tandem.com, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GUS on kernel supped last night

> Steven Wallace wrote:
>
> > Have you EVER had the sound drivers work correctly with your GUSMAX?
>
> 	Not PERFECTLY, but close.  About a week ago - when you still used
> device snd4.... and AUDIO_GUS, it worked for the mostpart, but would repeat a
> tiny fragment of samples played via a program that used /dev/dsp.  This was the
> closest its come to perfect.  Now the programs never exit, but continuously
> repeat a portion of the sample (not even necessarily the whole thing).
>
> > Perhaps you should try removing the gusmax0 driver.
>
> 	Building that kernel now.

I'm not sure it works with this as I think I just did it to see if it would
probe.  I may not have tested the sound.  It does work "fairly" well without.

cat *.au > /dev/audio OK
MODs have pops and cracks but the underlying music is good.
I can't get xvmixer to load under X.  Says it can't attach to the Server.
It is an Xview message.  I don't get it.  I am rebuilding Xview to see
if I can solve the problem.

> > There have been no code changes in functionality, just the way the
> > drivers are configured.
>
> 	Harrumph... I don't get it!
>
> > People running -curent should make sure the port/irq/dma in the device
> > config matches what their card actually uses.
>
> 	They're the same.

Ditto.

 Boyd Faulkner                                  faulkner@isd.tandem.com