Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2014 20:18:57 +0200
From:      Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik@gmail.com>
To:        velocidade da luz <assembler914@outlook.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Corrected in FreeBSD Developers Handbook

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 06:49:35PM +0300, velocidade da luz wrote:
> You agree that should be corrected in FreeBSD Developers Handbook the what  is being discussed  in FreeBSD Forums.  http://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=45995
> I am interested in learning the true Assembly.

I don't think the purpose of that chapter was to teach any form of
assembly in the first place and don't think this handbook should try to
do that.

Instead it seems to show how to do stuff on FreeBSD if you have assembly
knowledge already which I find reasonable.

This is of course assuming either ia-32 or amd64.

If you want to learn practical assembly I suggest you steal syscall
calling code from that tutorial, read what stack is and start playing
with the code. If stuck, write an equivalent in C let your compiler
translate it to assembly (-S switch to gcc and clang).

--
Mateusz Guzik <mjguzik gmail.com>