Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 2015 15:09:37 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        R0B_ROD <witchdoctor.mdf@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Introduction

R0B_ROD wrote this message on Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 12:47 -0500:
> I am merging from Arch Linux, which seems that
> they copied BSD a lot. :P
> I am excited to be here. I have never been on a mailing list.
> My goal is to be a developer of any kind some day.
> I am always on my laptop since life has dealt me a bad hand.
> Maybe I haven't been very responsible. Who knows?
> Trying to do better each day. Looking to make life-long friends.
> My spirit is still in the 70's although I am only 30 y/o.
> I do feel like I was living in the time and still carry the
> 'loving-curious-rebel' attitude. Thanks for reading my ramble.
>
> r0b-r0d@rama-hkr:~ % uname -a
> FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE #0 r274401
> Tue Nov 11 21:0249 UTC 2014
> root@releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> HP 2B19WM : 4GB RAM : AMD64 E-300 1.4GHz : ATI Radeon 6310HD

Have fun here!

It look like you have virtualization support on your CPU, so you could
run bhyve to get virtual machines for testing/running current, but that
requires you to run either 10-stable or head on it...

There are plenty of little projects that need people to work on...
look at both the bug database and the wiki for ideas...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579