Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:24:41 -0800
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gotcha in moving to post 4.4 lite2 merge ``world''.

In article <19970315211616.SP21471.kithrup.freebsd.current@uriah.heep.sax.de> you write:
>Or a working doscmd.  For instance. :-(

We do have a working (more or less) doscmd.  We've had doscmd sources from
BSDi for a long time now.  Only three people have ever bothered doing
anything with them (me, msmith, and jlemon).

Exactly *what* do you think BSDi could have done to make it easier, since
they gave us the source code to doscmd, some kernel code, and dealt with the
questions we asked them about it?

You want a working doscmd, show some interest.  Despite many, many messages
by myself and msmith, nobody has come back with, "Thanks for doing this, I
was able to do something I needed to do with it!" or even, "It paniced my
system, so I can't use it."

I've gotten email from *six* different people about this -- three of whom are
msmith, jlemon, and jkh.  Two of the others said they would be willing to do
work, but never followed up, and the last person assured me that, yes, he
wanted DOS emulation.  And has never been heard from again.

Sean.