Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 10:46:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Decision on the 3.2 release date.

 * From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>

 * Yes, but given some of the issues I know to be outstanding, I also
 * knew we wouldn't make May 15th if we wanted to do 3.2 "right" as many
 * people have indicated.  It would end up being a "schedule for May and
 * slip to June" release anyway, so why not just be honest about that
 * up-front? :-)

It's fine if you think May 15th is unrealistic.  But please don't say
"quarterly interval" to justify the June 15th date because it clearly
is not. :)

By the way, June 15th is just three or four days after Usenix, so
that's probably not a good date either.  As far as package buildings
are concerned, I'd like to have at least one week separation from
Usenix so people who have to travel more than 2 hours have a chance to
settle down and fix up their ports instead of rushing them in.

(Actually, doing it *before* Usenix is even better for us, but
anyway.)

Satoshi