Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2012 08:58:04 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: with the cvs history? trying to help INDEX builds.

--------------enig9528A4531EEFAE08BBE5FBD6

On 19/01/2012 01:31, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> in manually trying to build an index for a tinderbox/binary/portmaster
> distribution, I started to look at some of the things that slow these d=
own.
>=20
> and, being a former real-time, robotics guy... I figure, take ONE line
> of code out, and you make things faster.
>=20
> anyway, worth the cycles?
> take out -.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>; -.if ${ARCH} =3D=3D "sparc64"
> -BROKEN=3D        Does not install on sparc64
> -.endif
> and replace it with NOT_FOR_ARCHS=3D    sparc64 ?
> without bsd.port.PRE, you won't (try) to pull in lots of other things,
> optional things (options,perl, mysql, etc)
>=20
> worth the cvs history cycles to do this?

I'd say worth it to standardize on NOT_FOR_ARCHS / ONLY_FOR_ARCHS to
handle this sort of thing.  By my calculations there are 28 ports that
set 'BROKEN' because of architecture incompatibility on my amd64
system[*], whereas there are 904 ports that set either ONLY_FOR_ARCHS or
NOT_FOR_ARCHS.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] there would be more on sparc64 or other tier-2 architectures, but
the way I counted didn't pick those cases up, just the ones that set
BROKEN on the current architecture.

portindex=3D> SELECT
    p.parent || '/' || p.name as port
FROM