Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:34:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@home.dragondata.com>
To:        karl@mcs.net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        toor@dyson.iquest.net, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 971208 and the nfs rollback didn't fix it...

Ok... A bit of progress...

I figured out which user has the problem... The usr chronos is running an
eggdrop... I tried to 'su' to his user name, so I could run things somewhat
safely... After I su to him, all I get is 'su: fork: Resource temporarily
unavailable'.

What's going on, and does this have anything to do with his cron job
crashing the system?

$ su
Password:
You have mail.
shell# su toasty
$ df
Filesystem     1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0a        1835919   571239  1117807    34%    /
procfs                 4        4        0   100%    /proc
$ ^D
shell# su chronos
bash$ df
su: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash$ ulimit
unlimited
bash$ ls
su: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
bash$

Kevin