Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:27:05 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
Subject:   Re: Screen of Ubuntu64 guest doesn't update when 3D acceleration option is "on"

On 03/11/2012 23:23, Yuri wrote:
> Once I enabled 3D acceleration in "Display options", Ubuntu64 guest
> screen stopped updating after guest window is covered by some other
> host window. So that areas that became invisible are filled with
> garbage until some window is closed or moved in guest and it repaints
> the whole screen.
>
> This doesn't happen with Windows7 guest with 2D and 3D acceleration.
>
> vbox-4.1.8 on 9.0 amd64 host

Update:
I tried this with 32bit Ubuntu and it has the same issue with 3D option,
and also same on vbox-4.1.10.
I exported 32bit Ubuntu as an appliance and imported it into Mac OS
32bit, and Ubuntu guest doesn't even show panels there at all with 3D
option.
I filed the PR upstream: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/10392

Yuri