Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2002 13:35:12 +0100
From:      Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP callback and SecurID

I've a problem with my callback. I'd like to automate it somehow, but there is a
problem with LCP.

The hard way is to do something like:

# ppp ras
ppp ON pf39> term
deflink: Entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa1
Type `~?' for help
atdt<the-phone-number>
CONNECT 57600

User Access Verification

Username: <username>
Enter PASSCODE: <SecurID-passcode>

Callback initiated - line is disconnected

NO CARRIER

RING

RING

ATA
...... (the connection)

I tried to do something like this:

[ppp.conf]
callback:
	disable pap
	disable chap
	set speed 57600
	set phone <number>
	set cd off
	set device /dev/cuaa1
	allow users *
        set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 10 \"\" ATZ OK ATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
        set login "TIMEOUT 15 sername: szak PASSCODE: \"!/usr/X11R6/bin/ssh-askpass\" Callback ATA"

But it bails out, because the connection is apparently considered open by ppp
after the disconnection, so I can't make the modem accept connections with ATA
command in this state.

Does anyone have other ideas how to make it work without typing the sequence
everytime with term?

Thanks, /S