Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 1996 03:09:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tekram 390U and Seagate hawk ST32151N

Anyone have any trouble making a Tekram 390U SCSI controller work with
certain disks?  What we are seeing is that it hangs on probing the disks
after the SCSI bios is installed, but if you go into the bios setup it can
probe them, scan them, etc. with no problems.  It works fine with tape
drives and an old 300 meg drive we tried.

Tried lowering the SCSI bus speed, disabling things that could cause
problems, etc.  See the same thing when we try it with a different type of
Seagate.  Yes, the bus is properly terminated and we have tried multiple
cables.

No, the question isn't really freebsd specific but there has been some
discussion of the Tekram here a while back...